Uncommon Deities - CD

From Brilliant Trees through Died In The Wool...

Re: Uncommon Deities - CD

Postby hego on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:39 pm

I got mine that's happend. Listen two times today and find it good
hego
Regular
Regular

Postby hitch on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:57 pm

lucky u. cant wait to hear!
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
hitch
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby baht habit on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 am

This may or may not have already been pointed out on this site, but there is an in-depth analysis of Uncommon Deities by John Kelman over at All About Jazz...and he is always quite astute when it comes to Sylvian's intent and output:

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article ... Ghy9o58v8s
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby missouriman on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:05 am

Has anybody heard if the delayed deluxe packages are ready to ship? They said October 1st and not gotten an email.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 am

missouriman wrote:Has anybody heard if the delayed deluxe packages are ready to ship? They said October 1st and not gotten an email.

No contact here... account still says processing.

There is a copy available on Amazon uk for £47.62 and that claims to be 'in stock' - how come, when orders from Samhadhi have not gone out?

I'm just about to email them to see what is happening.

:cry:
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby hitch on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 am

any news?
stil no answers :-(
hitch
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Foales Arishes on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 am

I sent an email two days ago, but they have not bothered to reply.

I'm very disappointed in Samadhisound; this being my first order directly through them, and almost certainly my last.

Has anyone heard anything, or actually got their 'Special Edition'?...
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby hitch on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:10 am

mine order status is Processing, for months.
hitch
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby missouriman on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Foales Arishes wrote:I sent an email two days ago, but they have not bothered to reply.

I'm very disappointed in Samadhisound; this being my first order directly through them, and almost certainly my last.

An e mail reply from SamadhiSound said they are waiting for info themselves when cds will be ready.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Foales Arishes on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:26 pm

missouriman wrote:
Foales Arishes wrote:I sent an email two days ago, but they have not bothered to reply.

An e mail reply from SamadhiSound said they are waiting for info themselves when cds will be ready.

Thank you for the update missouriman, though that leaves us none the wiser. I still have not had a reply from Samadhi... the whole situation seems rather poor to me; I expect a little more from this company.... and how on earth can they not know what's going on? :roll:

I'm beginning to wish I had opted for the regular version, which I could have now. I'm sure the SE will be nice, but its the music that's the most important to me.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kitaj on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm also awaiting the limited edition, but in the meantime I could not resist and bought the FLACs because I liked the previews so much. the whole work is incredibly stunning and, in fact, devastating - particularly the poetry. I was not particularly a fan of Bang/Honoré's approach previously, neither did I like DS' often dreary spoken delivery. but here's everything's totally on the money. for me it's hands down one of the best Samadhi releases ever.
kitaj
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Foales Arishes on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 pm

kitaj wrote:I'm also awaiting the limited edition, but in the meantime I could not resist and bought the FLACs because I liked the previews so much. the whole work is incredibly stunning and, in fact, devastating - particularly the poetry. I was not particularly a fan of Bang/Honoré's approach previously, neither did I like DS' often dreary spoken delivery. but here's everything's totally on the money. for me it's hands down one of the best Samadhi releases ever.

Good to hear kitaj... I've only listened to the snippet samples, which sound sublime to me too, so I'm desperate to hear them in full... I'm temped to buy the flacs, but feel slightly aggrieved at spending more money on something I should already have... I'm actually temped to find a dodgy download instead :evil:

Perhaps Samhadi should offer some MP3's to those who are waiting.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the release.
Foales Arishes
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Simonp on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:31 am

Email from Opium today

Dear Simon

Thank you for your email. I'm afraid we are still waiting for delivery of the Deluxe as there was a problem at the manufacturing plant. We apologise for any inconvenience. I note that you have also ordered a standard edition of this release and these are now being sent separately to all customers who ordered both versions.

Once again, apologies for the delay.

Best wishes.

Richard Chadwick
Opium (Arts) Ltd
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby steve.adams on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 am

Hi People,
Here in the UK I recieved a copy of the DELUXE EDITION from amazon.co.uk on Saturday.

Having seen the trials/tribulations of people ordering directly from Samadhi Sound over the years I have avoided ordering directly.
(Shame - I'd really like to - but I don't want to put up with the lack of support/service I've read about - I hate shoddy service, drives me nuts!).

So - I was slightly sceptical as I ordered the DELUXE EDITION from amazon.co.uk a month or so back... kinda expecting it to evaporate into a "sorry we were never going to get any of these in really can't think why we bothered to pretend we would" message sometime later.

However - despite the recent delay I was happily surprised last week when I received a "despatched" email and then it turned up on Saturday all present and correct.

I've not made time to sit and listen to it as yet... but I'm pleased to get my hands on one :)

Steve.
steve.adams
Noob
Noob

Postby Simonp on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 am

Well despite Richard Chadwick saying the regular edition was being despatched to those who order both, the order status on my account is still showing as "processing". It doesn't exactly instil confidence buying from Samadhisound when others have ordered from Amazon and seemingly received their copies
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Solo Work