Meetup - LONDON 14 JUNE

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Which is best?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:00 am

King's Cross
60%
Liverpool Street
10%
Waterloo
10%
Paddington
20%

Total votes : 10

Postby anortherncod on Sat May 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Well I'm going to turn up in my bikini so I'll look even more like Halle Berry... :smt046 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apart from wearing a tour T-shirt or something, what about wearing a top of a certain colour...? Or will that make us look like an army? Come to think of it, that may be no bad thing... :wink:

Natasha
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby untitled on Sat May 24, 2008 3:35 pm

I think you should all wear white shoes in honour of Mr Sylvian :lol:
I found the way, by the sound of your voice.
untitled
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby anortherncod on Sat May 24, 2008 3:51 pm

I like your style there Mr Karnsculpture - are we then going to be able to recognise each other because we'll be the legless ones at midday on a Saturday afternoon? Virgin trains have a bar y'know... :wink:

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat May 24, 2008 4:11 pm

anortherncod wrote:I like your style there Mr Karnsculpture - are we then going to be able to recognise each other because we'll be the legless ones at midday on a Saturday afternoon? Virgin trains have a bar y'know... :wink:

Natasha

Well Southern trains do not offer a bar facility from my station (boo!) so I'll have to bring my own supplies :twisted: (JOKING!) All wearing the same colour shirts or whatever? Hmmm, and what colour, style would that be? Should we all turn up looking like mini-Mao's from the photo session for En Vogue? Why don't we all turn up looking like Mick Karn c.1978, we could all dye our hair bright red! Great, or how about if we all invest in some beauty products and slap on the eye shadow like David on the GTP cover - that might work - we'd certainly stand out from the crowd. We'd probably all get arrested for causing a public disturbance, but - hey - could be fun ... :wink:

Seriously, meeting in the pub/bar sounds like a good idea to me. Natasha and I will be arriving together - won't we? So between us I'm sure we will recognise you ... err, or maybe not. *Astronaut rushes off to look for a David poster to carry with her!!!* :-D
Image Image Image
MICK KARN APPEAL Donations can be made via:
http://www.mickkarn.net/
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat May 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Yes, the space travelling one and I will be meeting beforehand. We'll be easy to spot - me in the bikini and her in the space suit :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know which is worse for everyone else - my jokes, or your faces when you realise I don't look like Ms Berry.

Southern Trains don't have a bar on board? Now you know why I moved to the North :wink: Seriously, the idea about sharing mobile numbers is a good one, and mine is: 01234... snip!!! Even more seriously, if we could have a 'chain' of people who each had at least one other person's mobile, I think that would work. Please PM or email me so that I can bombard you with texts... must stop posting after having had a drink... :oops:

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat May 24, 2008 4:34 pm

karnsculpture wrote:Checked the kings cross website, the pub is on Platform 8 and is called the Duke of York. I think enough of us will have met before to make connections. I don't mind giving people my mobile number either.

You're so sensible Mr Karnsculpture! Exchanging mobile numbers - how practical! However, I still think my idea of a GTP make-up-fest is a viable one :lol: !
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby anortherncod on Sat May 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Are you paying for the leather coats then Astronaut...? :wink:

I did try to post a picture of myself here (honest!) but it was too big and I don't know how to make them smaller - any suggestions?

Natasha
Friedrich Nietzsche
anortherncod
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat May 24, 2008 5:02 pm

anortherncod wrote:Are you paying for the leather coats then Astronaut...? :wink:

I did try to post a picture of myself here (honest!) but it was too big and I don't know how to make them smaller - any suggestions?

Natasha

Yes - I'll PM you in a mo Natasha. As for buying everyone leather jackets - is it a leather jacket our man is wearing on the GTP cover? I thought it was a satin number from Anthony Price? No? Leather I cannot do - sorry! Anthony Price? No probs. How many do we need? :lol:
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Astronaut on Sat May 24, 2008 6:33 pm

karnsculpture wrote:you really don't want to see me wearing make-up a la polaroids, it would be more like a bounty ad, and I don't mean chocolate. Will PM the mobile number before the meet.

That is too funny for words - really! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby zebra on Sat May 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Hhmmmnnn this is gonna take some figuring out- the bar idea sounds the best by far...especially as i might need some dutch courage....and the halle berry ideas out cos she might turn up herself!? :roll:
What about the one glove thing - I seem to remember early fans having a bit of a cult of the one glove.......
I'm sure we'll manage...us japan fans are all suave, elegant and intellecual looking...lets hope no duran duran fans turn up!!!(oooh bitch!!)
Deedee xx
londonconcrete make sonic aggregates
zebra
Regular
Regular

Postby Astronaut on Sun May 25, 2008 8:34 pm

A-hem! And just who are you calling a dog Miss Dee-dee? :shock: I happen to be a Duran fan - so just watch it! :lol: :lol: :lol: And what's with the "one glove" thing? A bit Michael Jackson isn't it? Or were his only contributions to 'style' tin foil socks and jock straps? I forget ... :twisted:
Image Image Image
Astronaut
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion