If there were a leak....

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

If there were a leak....

Postby baht habit on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:49 am

Here's something to ponder:
If there happens to be a leak onto the internet of any material on Manafon, would you feel compelled to check it out or would you prefer to wait until you have the full product in your possession to listen to in it's entirety?
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Barbierian on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 am

Hmmm, that's a hard one!! A bit like peeking at your Christmas presents before the big day - so as I like surprises I would have to say that I would wait to hear the whole thing as it was intended to be and of course out of respect for David and his work but boy it would take resolve of steel not to give in to temptation :-)
Barbierian
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Simonp on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 am

I'm afraid I have absolutely ZERO will power and would have to give it a listen.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Brian on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 am

That's a tough question.
Last edited by Brian on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Noob
Noob

Re: If there were a leak....

Postby karnsculpture on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:59 am

Given the extremely poor state of physical format distribution in the UK I would take anything I could get in case it was weeks before I received the actual CD.

In the good old days (OK, the 80s) we would hear maybe 3 or 4 tracks from a new Sylvian album on the radio before release, so in my mind listening to a few tracks online isn't much different.

David will probably leak at least one track and possibly have excerpts of every track on his site anyway. Most of us will buy the album out of loyalty but most "normal" people (and we are not normal and I'm proud of that) would want to check out some of the sounds before buying.

I'm hoping for a SamadhiSound podcast or a specially mixed medley of tracks - they've done it before.

I am speculating that the album may include some spoken rather than sung work if David is moving away from "singer songwriter".
Paul
nightporter.co.uk
karnsculpture
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion