Have you ever met David Sylvian, or the others?

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Have you ever met David Sylvian

No
60%
No, but I have met other members from Japan/Collaborators
13%
Yes
10%
Yes, and I have met other members from Japan/Collaborators
17%

Total votes : 52

Have you ever met David Sylvian, or the others?

Postby Silver Moon on Thu May 11, 2006 5:13 pm

Just wondering... Also, if you have... Please share it with us!

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby sonic_chronicler on Fri May 12, 2006 4:14 am

Not met Sylvian - to be honest I wouldn't know what to say - too much hero worship, I'd be all tongue tied.

I have met Barbieri a couple of times, just to get his autograph, first time was at a Glasgow Porcupine Tree gig I think.

I suppose there's a chance I might meet Fripp next month, he's doing soundscapes at Norwich Cathedral the same day as the Burning Shed gig (anyone else going?)

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby MoodyB on Sun May 14, 2006 3:38 pm

I've been fortunate to meet the various ex-members over the years and I must say that they were all very decent chaps!
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby nine polaroids on Mon May 15, 2006 7:30 am

i once served `porcupine tree` coffee at heathrow airport and was the first time i met richard. the bass player asked me if i knew him cos i was staring so much. lol

i told him i`m a japan fan and its the first time i had met a member. best thing was he asked me if i wanted to speak to richard, and of course i said yes...as long as we can talk about synths!. he went over to richard told him what i said and richard `waved me over`.

i was just about to go over and a large group of passengers came in and ruined everything. we got busy. the bass player said maybe next time when its quiet. (the bass player was at the bar, the band were seated incase you were wandering why i was always talking to him).

they didn`t stay long, only about 10mins and left. richard had an iced caffe latte by the way. :D
nine polaroids
Noob
Noob

Postby proggrl on Mon May 15, 2006 9:08 am

nine polaroids wrote:i once served `porcupine tree` coffee at heathrow airport and was the first time i met richard. the bass player asked me if i knew him cos i was staring so much. lol

Colin's a pretty stand up guy, very easy to chat with. I had the priveledge of talking with him a few times. That's a very cool story, though. Thanks for sharing it!

Edit: I guess I didn't mention meeting Barbieri a few times when he played with Porcupine Tree. Once was just a meet and greet, but I did let him know I was a big Japan fan back in the day, which he seemed pretty flattered by. Which I thought was weird, like he must get that a lot, but maybe not in a group of prog-heads! LOL. I met him after shows a couple times and had a good chat.

I ALMOST met David in Boston. I REALLY wanted to approach him, but Ingrid was there and he was talking to her. I didn't feel right interupting, (plus I was getting shakey even being in HIS presence) but I did get to say a quick hello/great show in passing to his brother. :D Don't matter to me, Both Batt Bros are Beautiful!
Last edited by proggrl on Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Have you ever met David Sylvian, or the others?

Postby kinki on Wed May 17, 2006 12:40 pm

Sadly I havent met David, but have lost count of the number of times I've DAYDREAMED about meeting David...*chortle*

But as sonic_chronicler says, if I did meet him, I really would have no clue what to say, the burden of hero worship would be just too overwhelming....!!

I'd like to think we'd have a really intelligent conversation about 'higher' matters (philosophy/spirituality etc) but I'd probably end up regressing into my 16 year old self, blushing uncontrollably, and saying how good he used to look in make-up...*cringes*
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed May 17, 2006 3:56 pm

Hey!

I agree with you on everything Kinki!

... I think this is the start of a lasting friendship =)

-Kera-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Re: Have you ever met David Sylvian, or the others?

Postby lastgoldstar on Wed May 17, 2006 10:04 pm

kinki wrote:Sadly I havent met David, but have lost count of the number of times I've DAYDREAMED about meeting David...*chortle*

But as sonic_chronicler says, if I did meet him, I really would have no clue what to say, the burden of hero worship would be just too overwhelming....!!

I'd like to think we'd have a really intelligent conversation about 'higher' matters (philosophy/spirituality etc) but I'd probably end up regressing into my 16 year old self, blushing uncontrollably, and saying how good he used to look in make-up...*cringes*

Too true. :wink:

My reaction would probably be something like:
"Duh... D-D-D-David! You're... duh duh... David Sylvian!"
And then I would go run and hide in the bathroom.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Thu May 18, 2006 4:23 am

Hey it's nice to know we've all still got blushing 16 year old fangirls inside us eh?!! :oops:
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Thu May 18, 2006 1:08 pm

Yup, it never goes away..... :oops:
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Thu May 18, 2006 1:11 pm

kinki wrote:Hey it's nice to know we've all still got blushing 16 year old fangirls inside us eh?!! :oops:

Struggling to get out.... constantly :oops:
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Thu May 18, 2006 1:55 pm

sonic_chronicler wrote:
kinki wrote:Hey it's nice to know we've all still got blushing 16 year old fangirls inside us eh?!! :oops:

Struggling to get out.... constantly :oops:

Sonic, my dear, methinks that might be illegal. :wink:

heheheee

PS-Have no fear, my work is DONE! :smt015
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Thu May 18, 2006 2:25 pm

nope, never met David, but hope to someday.

I just hope I can find the words.

Might be a bit difficult with him in front of me with those eyes of his, and if that left brow goes up and/or he smiles and shows those incredible dimples of his, I'm toast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Thu May 18, 2006 4:17 pm

I've never met any member of the band... but surely my reaction will be just the same that yours!!! :lol:

ppfff... It's hard for me to speak in English with a normal person ,so I can't imagine how my English would be in front of Mr Sylvian :? :lol:
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun May 21, 2006 10:58 pm

i haven't met any of them :-(.... I'd love to meet david and steve.... let them know how much i enjoy their music. THen i think i'd pee my pants ... hee hee... or perhaps something else :twisted:
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion