Have you ever met David Sylvian, or the others?

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Have you ever met David Sylvian

No
60%
No, but I have met other members from Japan/Collaborators
13%
Yes
10%
Yes, and I have met other members from Japan/Collaborators
17%

Total votes : 52

Re: Have you ever met David Sylvian, or the others?

Postby Simonp on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:23 am

He tries to avoid any contact with his fans Phil...don't you know he holds us in contempt? Have you read the lyrics to Sleepwalkers??

Seriously I don't think meeting his fans is high on his agenda although on the two occasions I have met him he was delightful.
MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON MANAFON
Simonp
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Phil Lawton on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:41 am

Simonp wrote:Phil...don't you know he holds us in contempt? ??

Most everyone holds me in contempt, so he's not alone there really.

Have you read the lyrics to Sleepwalkers??

No, he hasn't sent them to me yet, Sime.

Seriously I don't think meeting his fans is high on his agenda although on the two occasions I have met him he was delightful

I guess as long as we keep buying the schmutter, that's all that counts. I can't say I find anything wrong with that, as long as he's as gracious as you say he is when he does happen across a fan.
Phil Lawton
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby ob8 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 pm

i would really like to know what David's opinions are of forums like this and also the hard fans on them. I think the majority of people on here are very respectful of Davids desire for privacy and i think as fans go we are all on here pretty good. Something struck me though before, on the Italian fan site David was (and hopefully still is) going to respond to questions submitted by the board users. I know he has always felt very comfortable in Italy, maybe more so than here in the UK but to participate in a Q and A session it shows i think an appreciation of the fans and of the people his music really reaches. For me he has made such a difference to my life on many levels and his impact on me is unmeasurable.
ob8
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:29 pm

ob8 wrote:i would really like to know what David's opinions are of forums like this and also the hard fans on them.

That's also another reason why I did what I did.

SimonP -- It's not just adults here. This is an open forum, and we have several members here under 16 years old.

If anyone wishes to discuss this further, you can PM me... Now, back on topic! ;)

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby missouriman on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:46 pm

I apologize for my part in the smut fest, Silver Moon. I could not help myself.
missouriman
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby inkinthewell on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:53 pm

I never met David Sylvian, nor the others, but I saw him and Steve on stage a couple of times. :-D

ob8 wrote:1) On the Italian fan site David was (and hopefully still is) going to respond to questions submitted by the board users. 2) I know he has always felt very comfortable in Italy, maybe more so than here in the UK 3) but to participate in a Q and A session it shows i think an appreciation of the fans and of the people his music really reaches.

2) Italy is a great place to be in as long as you're not staying for more than two weeks. I don't think David ever stayed there such a long time, so I reckon he's been as comfortable in that country as any other tourist that brought a reproduction of a gondola to his living room and can mimick a mandolin player while singing: "Pizza, pasta, ammmore!"
3) It's quite hard to spot any difference between Italian fans, English fans and any other fans from any other country, and in David's behaviour towards them. (If you except his decision to leave the US out of The World Is Everything tour. :?: As far as I know he was never chucked off the stage by bad-mannered, spitting, garbage-throwing American fans, so that remains a mystery.)
On the davidsylvian.it forum the arguments are quite the same as on here, treated more or less in the same way, and posters can go off-topic as easily as we do. (But they're not so amusing :D.) So why should he consent to answer to their Q&A instead of any other forum's? Could it be because (just guessing) it is in the nature of Italians (I know them well, I'm 'half' of them) to insist with a request until either you give in or you cease breathing?

1) In the end Steve Jansen did the Q&A session, and I wouldn't be surprised if we'll never hear about the David Sylvian Q&A ever again. :twisted:
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - JL 1940-1980
inkinthewell
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby qdes on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 pm

Simonp wrote:He tries to avoid any contact with his fans Phil...don't you know he holds us in contempt? Have you read the lyrics to Sleepwalkers??

Is this a fact? I've always thought the song was about his ex-wife.
qdes
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby neonico on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 pm

the song is political 11.9.2001 gives you a clue what its about

before everyone makes a general discussion over the fact first go to the italian site and read and listen to ds interviews

atom and cell is about a begger that mr sylvian and ex wife saw in new york ,that was on her last legs and they returned

to help her but she was unfortunately gone.

then comes the comment how do you know this blah blah blah :roll:

has much as i know about looking at fish tanks. :shock: :shock:
neonico

Postby david on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:09 pm

yes myself :-D
david
Noob
Noob

Postby becky on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:04 pm

:?: :smt017 You've met yourself?
becky
Obsessed
Obsessed

Previous

Return to General Discussion