DAVID SYLVIAN WORLD TOUR!!!

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

DAVID SYLVIAN WORLD TOUR!!!

Postby sexandpolitics on Mon May 21, 2007 12:55 pm

Is anyone going to be able to make it?

7th Sept - Stockholm - China Theatre
8th Sept - Oslo - Sentrum Centre
9th Sept - Copenhagen - Royal Theatre
12th Sept - Dublin - Vicar Street
14th Sept - Manchester - Bridgewater Hall
15th Sept - Glasgow - Royal Concert Hall
17th Sept - London - Royal Festival Hall
18th Sept - Birmingham - Symphony Hall
20th Sept - Brussels - AB
21st Sept - Paris - La Cigale
23rd Sept - Milan - Conservatorio Sala Verdi
24th Sept - Reggio Emilia - Teatro Valli
26th Sept - Treviso - Teatro Accademia
27th Sept - Rome - Auditorium Della Conciliasione
29th Sept - Torino - Teatro Colosseo

More dates and places are to be posted... I HOPE HE PLAYS SOMEWHERE IN THE STATES!!!!!!!!
sexandpolitics
Regular
Regular

Postby baht habit on Tue May 22, 2007 1:20 pm

Since the other post pertaining to this information has been put to good use in regards to 'if, how and when' those posting will get to see Sylvian in concert, I thought that I would hijack this thread for my own selfish amusement:

I'd enjoy reading if any of you would care to PREDICT what sort of show we could expect to see Sylvian put on....
perhaps minimalistic like The First Day, Slow Fire or Blemish tours?
perhaps a full ensemble such as In Praise Of Shamans, The Road To Graceland or Everything And Nothing tours?
will it include a vast assortment of songs from Sylvian's back catalog such as Everything And Nothing and In Praise Of Shamans tour before it?
will it contain mainly new and previously unrecorded music as was the case with The First Day tour?
will Sylvian sing at the concert or will he follow through on a passing desire to perform completely improvised instrumental music in a live setting?
will this actually be the equivalent of a Nine Horses tour and could the bulk of the material mainly center around Sylvian's collaborations with Burnt Friedman and Steve Jansen, in the process neglecting so much of his solo work, just as he had on The Road To Graceland tour with Fripp?
i'm just shooting off possibilities that are based mostly on past tours, if you care to really use imagination then that would be even more interesting when predicting the content of Sylvian's upcoming tour.

And of course I'd be interested in reading which kind of show and which particular songs you would PREFER to hear Sylvian perform.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Tue May 22, 2007 4:33 pm

baht habit wrote:Since the other post pertaining to this information has been put to good use in regards to 'if, how and when' those posting will get to see Sylvian in concert, I thought that I would hijack this thread for my own selfish amusement:

I'd enjoy reading if any of you would care to PREDICT what sort of show we could expect to see Sylvian put on....
perhaps minimalistic like The First Day, Slow Fire or Blemish tours?
perhaps a full ensemble such as In Praise Of Shamans, The Road To Graceland or Everything And Nothing tours?
will it include a vast assortment of songs from Sylvian's back catalog such as Everything And Nothing and In Praise Of Shamans tour before it?
will it contain mainly new and previously unrecorded music as was the case with The First Day tour?
will Sylvian sing at the concert or will he follow through on a passing desire to perform completely improvised instrumental music in a live setting?
will this actually be the equivalent of a Nine Horses tour and could the bulk of the material mainly center around Sylvian's collaborations with Burnt Friedman and Steve Jansen, in the process neglecting so much of his solo work, just as he had on The Road To Graceland tour with Fripp?
i'm just shooting off possibilities that are based mostly on past tours, if you care to really use imagination then that would be even more interesting when predicting the content of Sylvian's upcoming tour.

And of course I'd be interested in reading which kind of show and which particular songs you would PREFER to hear Sylvian perform.

I heard he's borrowing Sabbath's Stone Henge set from the Born Again tour.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue May 22, 2007 4:40 pm

Rhodesia32 wrote:I heard he's borrowing Sabbath's Stone Henge set from the Born Again tour.

D*mn! I was hoping he'd use the one from Spinal Tap! ;-)
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Tue May 22, 2007 4:43 pm

I just hope that Steve plays with him! ;)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Tue May 22, 2007 7:25 pm

heartofdavid wrote:
Rhodesia32 wrote:I heard he's borrowing Sabbath's Stone Henge set from the Born Again tour.

D*mn! I was hoping he'd use the one from Spinal Tap! ;-)

ROTFLMAO!! Can't you just see the dancing dwarves now, and David's expression??! :D
These are years with a genius for living.
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Tue May 22, 2007 7:28 pm

sisterlondon wrote:I just hope that Steve plays with him! ;)

I expect Steve will be there too. I can't imagine why he wouldn't be, can you?

xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Wed May 23, 2007 6:55 am

wow, do I feel silly now. After reading the responses I've received, I seem to now realize how ridiculous my "prediction" and "preference" questions are. I guess my excitement over the prospect of Sylvian doing another tour had lead me to become even more analytical than usual, when I should probably just be excited...as the rest of you are. Does anyone think that my posts run contrary (perhaps too cerebral in a boring way???) to the usual content of this site. More and more I am self-consciously beginning to feel like an odd duck. :oops:
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Wed May 23, 2007 7:42 am

baht habit wrote:wow, do I feel silly now. After reading the responses I've received, I seem to now realize how ridiculous my "prediction" and "preference" questions are. I guess my excitement over the prospect of Sylvian doing another tour had lead me to become even more analytical than usual, when I should probably just be excited...as the rest of you are. Does anyone think that my posts run contrary (perhaps too cerebral in a boring way???) to the usual content of this site. More and more I am self-consciously beginning to feel like an odd duck. :oops:

Hey no worries! I would probably be overanalizing it too if I had seen him before, but as I haven't I just hope seeing him and that's it. I hope it's not all like Blemish (sorry not too fond of that album!) but otherwise I know I will love it :)
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Wed May 23, 2007 9:38 am

sisterlondon wrote:
baht habit wrote:wow, do I feel silly now. After reading the responses I've received, I seem to now realize how ridiculous my "prediction" and "preference" questions are. I guess my excitement over the prospect of Sylvian doing another tour had lead me to become even more analytical than usual, when I should probably just be excited...as the rest of you are. Does anyone think that my posts run contrary (perhaps too cerebral in a boring way???) to the usual content of this site. More and more I am self-consciously beginning to feel like an odd duck. :oops:

Hey no worries! I would probably be overanalizing it too if I had seen him before, but as I haven't I just hope seeing him and that's it. I hope it's not all like Blemish (sorry not too fond of that album!) but otherwise I know I will love it :)

I apologize if it seems like your post was being taken lightly (whenever anyone mentions the Stonehenge/Spinal Tap thing, I always lose it, please forgive me). I think it was a very good post and you posed some interesting possibilities here as to the content of this forthcoming tour. However, like Isa, I have never been lucky enough to see David in concert before so I don't feel qualified to give a valid opinion here...really, he could get out there and sing the phone book and I would probably be happy, just to hear him sing anything in person, you know?

I am wondering, though (and I think heartofdavid may have mentioned this elsewhere here), whether any songs will be done from Steve's imminent album?

In any case, please keep posting and I'm sorry for my part in making you feel as if your message was being disrespected in any way.

xxx
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby untitled on Wed May 23, 2007 9:54 am

I haven't formulated a list of what I would like him to play - but was wondering if the title of the tour gave some hints? The World is Everything Tour suggests tracks that are more "socially/politically minded" to me. So might we see:

Wonderful World
Banality of Evil
Atom and Cell
The Librarian
Transit
World Citizen
Red Guitar

Ok - that last one isn't political - but it is my favourite :)
I found the way, by the sound of your voice.
untitled
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Wed May 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Your predictions weren't silly, I was just making a joke. :-D

The funny thing about Sabbath's stone henge set was it was too big to fit in most venues, and it inspired a classic scene from Spinal Tap.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby arieleleven on Wed May 23, 2007 12:32 pm

Rhodesia32 wrote:Your predictions weren't silly, I was just making a joke. :-D

The funny thing about Sabbath's stone henge set was it was too big to fit in most venues, and it inspired a classic scene from Spinal Tap.

I didn't know this! That makes sense re: the Spinal Tap sequence, then (which still makes me almost cry with laughter every time I see it).
arieleleven
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby triskadekaphobia on Wed May 23, 2007 2:50 pm

I think World Is Everything is maybe a new song or lyric and forms the focus for the tour. Presuming there is no new music before the shows it will obviously be 9 Horses plus some odds and ends he has worked on over the years. I would be surprised if he addresses anything from the first three albums anymore, or Forbidden Colours which he has said does not mean much to him these days. Perhaps a couple of Fripp era tracks that means something to him and maybe a couple of new pieces from the interesting collaborations he is currently working on. Lets see!
For US fans, hope he does somethign for you guys
j
triskadekaphobia
Regular
Regular

Postby sexandpolitics on Thu May 24, 2007 12:04 am

I feel sick. I'm only 18 and David Sylvian will probably develop diabetes before I get to see him. Seriously, how many world tours do you think he has left in him? I don't know how else I am ever going to see him aside from the fact that I am trying to move to London as soon as possible.

I personally want him to bring out older stuff, anything off Brilliant Trees, Secrets, or Alchemy.

I don't you can do Fripp without Fripp, you know?

Banality of Evil
Wonderful World
The Librarian
Late Night Shopping
The Only Daughter
Bamboo Music, any version
Forbidden Colours

Hell, I could watch Sylvian take a crap and still be happy. I just want to see him at all.
sexandpolitics
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to General Discussion