Bad news for American Sylvian fans

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby MoodyB on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:20 am

Thanks for all of your nice comments!
I'll do my best to get some decent shots, David is quite strict
with the rules, he only allows photographs to be taken during
the first three songs, so I'll be working quickly!
I'd like to get some decent shots of Steve this time, in Chicago
it was almost impossible because of where I had to shoot from.

Hopefully I'll have a little more freedom this time...We'll see!

In any case, I'll do my best and I'll certainly write a full review!
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby triskadekaphobia on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:53 pm

I cannot believe Dave will not perform in the USA regardless of costs or logistics. If it is a world tour then he will perform in the US, end of. Probably not in as many places as maybe desired, but still.
Richard Chadwick as manager and more is as honest as he can be at the time of asking and nothing more. What else could one expect?
So for all American friends and fans, don't despair. It surely must happen.
That's my view.
triskadekaphobia
Regular
Regular

Postby MoodyB on Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:31 pm

triskadekaphobia wrote:I cannot believe Dave will not perform in the USA regardless of costs or logistics. If it is a world tour then he will perform in the US, end of. Probably not in as many places as maybe desired, but still.
Richard Chadwick as manager and more is as honest as he can be at the time of asking and nothing more. What else could one expect?
That's my view.

I can only go by what Richard told me...Twice now.
After the first response, I pushed him a little on the question of feasibility and this is a direct quote:

"I'm afraid US dates are out of the question on this tour."

Whether or not they reconsider their options for next year remains to be seen...But I'll not rub salt into the wounds of those still feeling disappointed here by throwing around any further conjecture.

Chris
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:16 pm

triskadekaphobia wrote:I cannot believe Dave will not perform in the USA regardless of costs or logistics. If it is a world tour then he will perform in the US, end of. Probably not in as many places as maybe desired, but still.
That's my view.

Trust me----give it up. Ain't happening---end of story.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby triskadekaphobia on Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:29 am

Find those remarks rather offensive, moodyb. I express a view like anyonelse in a forum. Perhaps the inference of rubbing salt into wounds of those not going to a show would be better applied to those gayly discussing their tickets.
Conjecture is not my department. A view is expressed. [/quote][/b]
triskadekaphobia
Regular
Regular

Postby MoodyB on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:32 am

triskadekaphobia wrote:Find those remarks rather offensive, moodyb. I express a view like anyonelse in a forum. Perhaps the inference of rubbing salt into wounds of those not going to a show would be better applied to those gayly discussing their tickets.
Conjecture is not my department. A view is expressed.
[/b][/quote]

Ummm...I'm not sure why you find my remarks offensive...I'm sorry if you do, it's never my intent to offend ANYONE, least of all the people I count as friends here.
I was merely pointing out information, that was given to me from the proverbial horses mouth.
I simply don't want to get anyone's hopes up....I'd rather see people pleasantly surprised than have their hopes dashed.

Sorry again if what I said upset you.

Chris

MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:16 pm

Trisk ---Chris is cool---please don't be offended by anything he says at all. Chris has definitely gone above and beyond trying to find out the reasons why and look for a glimmer of hope, but there is none. If you are going to be offended at anyone, let it be me. I definitely have not held back my contempt for the whole situation, and I definitely do not blame Chris for anything---the blame for all my heartache lies with someone else..................

If you like Trisk, I can give you information on a band that will be touring, and seems to understand the meaning of "World Tour". Just hope it is a band you like.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:35 am

krausy wrote:Trisk ---Chris is cool---please don't be offended by anything he says at all. Chris has definitely gone above and beyond trying to find out the reasons why and look for a glimmer of hope, but there is none. If you are going to be offended at anyone, let it be me. I definitely have not held back my contempt for the whole situation, and I definitely do not blame Chris for anything---the blame for all my heartache lies with someone else..................

If you like Trisk, I can give you information on a band that will be touring, and seems to understand the meaning of "World Tour". Just hope it is a band you like.

The problem started from the words "World Tour" when it seems that a world tour was never on the agenda anyway. What's also confusing is that in his recent message on his website David doesn't call it a world tour either. If it's not a world tour then I think David's webmanager should change it on the website, as it's misleading information and is obviously upsetting people.
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:32 am

I really wish we had more details about why it is not feasible for US dates.

It would not have to be extensive, but San Francisco and New York would surely be sellouts, add in LA, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver. It seems that if Hong Kong and two dates in Japan work, why can't these?

When I saw the E&N tour in SF, he stated that it felt like home. I know he wants to play here. It is really too bad.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:28 pm

natsume wrote:I really wish we had more details about why it is not feasible for US dates.

It would not have to be extensive, but San Francisco and New York would surely be sellouts, add in LA, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver. It seems that if Hong Kong and two dates in Japan work, why can't these?

When I saw the E&N tour in SF, he stated that it felt like home. I know he wants to play here. It is really too bad.

Well, the best info I can offer you is that I have spoken to a person in the business about touring in general and I was informed that expenses to tour the US are extreme at best;however, the band he works for comes to the US from overseas, and I am certain they do it for the benefit of the fans they have here, which in light of the latest info I greatly appreciate and will make every effort to see them when they are here.

So, I really hope the last statement you made about what David said in SF was not just lip service.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion