Should we expect another tour / lyric book?

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Should we expect another tour / lyric book?

Postby baht habit on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:31 pm

I know it is sort of insipid to bring up something so trivial and please don't fault me for doing so now, ... especially when most of the focus for so many of you has rightfully been on obtaining tickets and planning for travel.
Yet since Sylvian has typically put out some very ornate tour book packages over the years, it seems we have yet something else to look forward to.
Do you think we will have another tour book doubling as a lyric book (Trophies 4)? Perhaps this time it will be the Nine Horses material and whatever collaborations Sylvian has taken part in since blemish. It should be interesting.
Maybe we shall finally (FINALLY! :-) ) learn the accurate lyrics to that one line in "When Monday Comes Around":

And chances are
The snow won't fall
But I want it Outside me is in <-----this line can not be right, can it?
Where the colour's gone
And your footprints mark the space

Not that it's too important, but everytime I am listening to that song and it comes to that point, I think, 'what the h*ll is being said here?' :)
Last edited by baht habit on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:18 am

I've only started collecting the tour books and other books by David. I would love another tour book or lyric book.
Heck, it is the closest this Kiwi looks like to getting to a show. :cry:
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

tour merchandise

Postby triskadekaphobia on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:38 pm

-" outside me as in" - fuuny how we all get stuck on different lines.

Perhaps from the new tour there will be a CD with an extract from that JP instrumental earlier this year, plus somethingelse.

Bit disappointed that from his words dave seems to be going over old stuff - for me - we've had that.
My perspective - The 80's were another time and another place. Brilliant Trees, Forbidden Colours, Ghosts ...can mean alot when you are a teenager and their meaning can evolve as you get older, but when you are in your 40's I hope we have all got to some place else.
I want work from this time, not looking back to dave's old favourites - Boy with a Gun/Jean the Birdman(90's)/Riverman etc.,.

I wonder if we would also get a reworking of something more from the glorious Japan days - my guess is My New Career or Alien.
triskadekaphobia
Regular
Regular

Postby baht habit on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:00 am

Hopefully, Samadhi Sound is still planning to release the entire 70 min of When Loud Weather Buffeted Naoshima. All the hype and promotion for the tour dates has sort of knocked any other news aside.
I tend to think that the setlist will include many of the Sylvian/Jansen collaborations from the recent Nine Horses projects, since Keith Lowe is back for this tour and figured prominently in the development of most of those particular tracks. I'm also expecting them to include a version of White Man Hex, which I believe is the Jansen track that Sylvian sings on his upcoming cd. So I don't think the entire show will be retrogressive in manner.
Though I for one would be majorly disappointed if there wasn't a version of Jean The Birdman performed at the show. Since writing the song in 1991, Sylvian has managed to play a version of it at every concert he has performed. It's now a tradition! :) I really liked his upbeat and anglo-funked up acoustic version of JTB during the Slow Fire tour.
What I would really enjoy would be Sylvian ending his concerts with an encore of Endgame. It's gotta be my absolute favorite Sylvian track and I have always thought it would be excellent live.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:31 pm

ellyn sylvian wrote:I've only started collecting the tour books and other books by David. I would love another tour book or lyric book.
Heck, it is the closest this Kiwi looks like to getting to a show. :cry:

Don't know if you're still collecting them ellyn, but there have been a lot on ebay recently and there are some auctions still active today. Type in David Sylvian and look in Music memorabilia
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:54 am

Hi Steerpike,

Thanks for the mention about eBay. Have been roaming through that site a bit lately. Have quite a lot of favourite searches emailed to me, and there has been a lot of tour books for sale recently. (Although to be fair, some are not in the best condition, and they are asking a little too much I think). Looking for a first day/road to graceland tour book especially.

Also quick question, I have come across Trophies 1,2 and 3. And I read somewhere there is Trophies 4, is that correct???

Ellyn
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:51 pm

ellyn sylvian wrote:Also quick question, I have come across Trophies 1,2 and 3. And I read somewhere there is Trophies 4, is that correct???

Ellyn

Hope you don't mind if I butt in and answer this. Trophies 3 was the Fire in the Forest Tour book, it's labelled as such. It contains the lyrics to Blemish, a bio page, one bad photo, some watercolors and an untitled poem. It could be purchased at the Samadhisound shop, but it's sold out now. There hasn't been a Trophies 4, don't think it will happen any time soon. The Snow Borne Sorrow lyrics are already available on the site, so I doubt a separate book would be printed just for those. Maybe one will be available after David's next solo project, whenever that might be.
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Lady Arcadia on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:15 am

Thanks Heart of David, I thought it was the case. I had found a site listing Trophies 4, - the great thing about the net, there is just as much fiction as there is truth!!
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:33 pm

I am not entirely sure if this has already been covered on the site..I checked and saw no mention yet:

The tour program is a full size (A4ish) book of David’s photographs and includes an 11 song sampler from his record label, Samadhisound. Featured among the tracks are 2 unreleased Sylvian tracks, and a track from brother Steve’s soon-to-be released solo cd. Other tracks feature Harold Budd, Akira Rabelais, David Toop, Nine Horses, and Thomas Feiner and Anywhen.

David Sylvian’s opening track on the cd is a beautiful slice of Blemish-ish electronica called “The World is Everything” and clocks in at a mere 1.45. Track 5 is called “Sleepwalkers” and is 5+ minutes long and also reminiscent of Blemish/Christian Fennesz.

David Sylvian "The World is Everything"

Thomas Feiner & Anywhen "Siren Song"

Harold Budd "Chrysalis Nu"

Steve Jansen featuring Tim Elsenburg "Sleepyard"

David Sylvian "Sleepwalkers"

Nine Horses "Atom and Cell"

Akira Rabelais "1382 wycliff gen. ii. 7"

Nine Horses "Get the H*ll Out" remix

Masakatu Takagi featuring David Sylvian "Exit/Delete"

Harold Budd "Templar"

David Toop "Heating and Cooling" edit

Hopefully this product will be made available at some point soon.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:43 am

I saw one already on ebay and reminds me of the E&N tour book.

How much was it?
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvie on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:34 am

300 DKK, which is about 35 euro i think.
Sylvie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby VaporTrail on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:30 pm

In case anyone's interested, three of the tracks from the Tourbook CD are up on the SamadhiSound Myspace. Two from David and one off of Steve's new album!
VaporTrail
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Lady Arcadia on Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:36 pm

Well it looks like will have to try my luck at getting a copy of the tour book from ebay, - my visa card will probably like that.

Anyway, I sent off an email to the shop asking if they had any plans to stock the tour book, for those who can't get to a concert ... this is the reply

Dear Ellyn: We are trying to get tour merchandise however at this time we do not know if or when it will be available.

Thank you,

Samadhisound Mailorder
Lady Arcadia
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:07 pm

sisterlondon wrote:I saw one already on ebay and reminds me of the E&N tour book.

How much was it?

It's not realy like the E&N book, it's a lot bigger format - it's a photo book really. Very nice.

£20 at Manchester, but may cost more in London - that's often the way ovr here.

Sonic.
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:14 am

Thanks for the info Sonic! Wow, bigger... I have to buy a few of those! :shock:
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion