Opening acts

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Opening acts

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:35 am

As I have never seen David in concert before I was wondering if he usually has opening acts or not. What do you think that is going to happen in this new tour?
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:12 am

Well he usually has a stripper but he might go all out this time and have synchronized pole dancers.

*youdorealizei'mkidding*
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:43 am

:? :shock:

*Of course I realised you were kidding... erm, were you? :P*

I was just asking because a fellow David fan that is going to the Madrid show was wondering about it. He asked me and I really had no clue...
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:08 am

Both times I have seen him, no.

And really, speaking among fans here, what would be the point? I would not want a second of the energy of the night's performance to be obscured by whatever element an openning act would bring, unless it was something very carefully chosen to complement the whole program.

I saw Sakamoto's solo piano tour a few years ago, and one nice thing he did was his own "DJ" set before he sat down to play. A strange and wonderful ambient mix, including, I think, part of "Approaching Silence". Something like this, or something visual, would probably work.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby heartofdavid on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:26 am

sisterlondon wrote:*Of course I realised you were kidding... erm, were you? :P*

The thought of David and Steve pole dancing has a certain appeal... :wink:
Hallucinating lucidity
heartofdavid
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:07 pm

There will be no support.

All the UK dates except the RFH one actually say this on the tickets (not that you would have seen that.) :wink:

--------------------

I seem to remember Michael Brook doing a solo set before the Sylvian/Fripp gigs but apart from that it's generally straight down to business

Sonic
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:31 pm

Micheal Brook is doing a pole dance??? :smt104 :smt100

Think I'll bring a blindfold. :? hehehehe
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:39 am

Thanks for the info! I usually think that opening acts are annoying though Pure Reason Revolution with Porcupine Tree were as welcomed as the main band and loved every minute of them! Sometimes open acts end bing as good as the main band and I'm sure that if David had one it would have to be good. I'd love it if, for example, Sweet Billy Pilgrim opened for him! Or Steve with his own album set!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Steerpike on Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:12 pm

sisterlondon wrote:Thanks for the info! I usually think that opening acts are annoying though Pure Reason Revolution with Porcupine Tree were as welcomed as the main band and loved every minute of them! Sometimes open acts end bing as good as the main band and I'm sure that if David had one it would have to be good. I'd love it if, for example, Sweet Billy Pilgrim opened for him! Or Steve with his own album set!

Oh yes, that would be great ....but so does the idea of synchronised pole dancing ;-)
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:05 pm

i truly don't think men almost 50 should be pole dancing....but maybe that's just me. i don't even want to picture it in my head. :)
Sylvie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby The Analog Kid on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Sylvie wrote:i truly don't think men almost 50 should be pole dancing....but maybe that's just me. i don't even want to picture it in my head. :)

I agree - why not let some 20-something agile, fit and cruvy babes do that - let them stick to the music :-D
Noone takes polaroids anymore
The Analog Kid
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby proggrl on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:32 pm

erictak wrote:I agree - why not let some 20-something agile, fit and cruvy babes do that -

Cos that's been done sooooo many times before. Old hat, that is. Time for some fresh blood. I'm all for a Batt Brothers Pole Dance!! :twisted:
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:49 pm

I'm all for a Batt Brothers Pole Dance!! Twisted Evil

Ha ha ha - I didn't want there to be an opener because otherwise there was a bit of a risk of me not actually getting home that night....but now you suggest pole dancing.

I might be willing to bed down in a park for the privilege...lol...

Ya know for as wondrous as I find both Batt brothers I think I am unsettled by the thought of them pole dancing....tassles...lol...
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby Steerpike on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:49 pm

tallulahtaurus wrote:
I'm all for a Batt Brothers Pole Dance!! Twisted Evil

Ha ha ha - I didn't want there to be an opener because otherwise there was a bit of a risk of me not actually getting home that night....but now you suggest pole dancing.

I might be willing to bed down in a park for the privilege...lol...

Ya know for as wondrous as I find both Batt brothers I think I am unsettled by the thought of them pole dancing....tassles...lol...

You do have a point tallulah & Syvie too .... now if they looked like they did in 1979, both with long hair and shirts open to the navel, that would be different :lol: (**Steer goes off to YouTube to watch Adolescent Sex**)
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby tallulahtaurus on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:20 pm

Circa 1979 and Tassles?? lol I'm obsessed with tassles...strategically placed ones...
Strippers terrify me anyway even Batt brother strippers.

Ha ha the alternate version or regular Adolescent Sex vid? I am curious, cos altho they are both good I am in love with every element of the alternate vid at the moment... I am averaging 2 watches a day... must get help for that

Everything is awesome and everyone looks so hawt.

Gah what did I do with myself before Japan and YouTube? Sometimes I dunno... sad but twue.
"This island of blue
Where life clings to your hands
Like water and sand
Will loose it's way when you're gone"
tallulahtaurus
Obsessed
Obsessed

Next

Return to General Discussion