David's Tour - Meeting in London

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

David's Tour - Meeting in London

Postby Steerpike on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:31 am

Thought I'd follow Sister London's suggestion and get this thread going. I know that Chris has got a meet-up going on his yahoo group too, so maybe we can combine the two.

I'm free for the whole weekend and have booked the whole of Monday off, so I can meet up anytime.

Arial thought that no visit to London would be complete without a visit to Whole Foods in High Street Kensington, :D (although I doubt our favourite shopper will be there), but I think it would be a nice part of London for a first-timer to visit anyway.

I think I'm meeting Tallulah at Victoria station in the morning too, so we could go to Kensington for lunch/brunch.

Isa, let us know what time you want to meet up with us in the afternoon and we'll work around that too. Also, when do you want to hang around the backstage area before or after the show (or both). I imagine with your amazing track record a few of us will want to keep you company ;-)
Steerpike
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:18 am

LOL! Well, yes I'd like to try to wait for a bit afterwards. Let's see if this time I am luckier with Mr. Jansen (and the brother, of course ;))

I am sorry I cna't be hanging with everyone for lunch, I wish I could! I want to leave my parents alone the less possible, but I also want to join the group. If there's a place where everyone is meeting before the show, for a drink or dinner or whatever, tell me hour and place and I'll be there. From then on I will plan the time for my parents. As soon as we have a date time I'll book them the London Eye tickets. I will probably help them to pick them and will look around for restaurants for them as well, so will be in the area a bit before we all meet.

Sooooo, what does everyone say? Suggestions?
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:30 am

Well I will have to refer to my ever gracious host on this one. I know we are coming from Glasgow - not sure how long that will be in travel time - but I'm suspecting it's a good long drive!

It'll be a question of when we get in and what our plans are, but I'd love to meet up. :D
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:41 am

Proggrl, of course we have to meet! (well, if you want to of course...)

And driving from Glasgow? Yikes, that's a LONG drive. have you checked flights? I remember that when I did London-Glasgow with ryan Air it was dead cheap (like 26 Pounds or so).
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:52 am

Well we'll have to discuss it - cos I beleive it was a question of how we going to Glasgow anyway - drive or train. We'll see. But yes, we do have to meet. Then you can rub it in Erics face - seems everyone has met me but him! LOL

soz Eric. ;)

Anyway - we'll get it sorted soon cos as of now, I'll be there in - 38 days, 19 hours, 1 minute and 46 seconds!! The countdown has begun! :-D
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:18 am

Wow, you even counted the seconds ;)

Aw, poor Eric, you are so bad! :P

When you know how you are coming let us know!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:24 am

We'll be sure to let you guys know what we're up to (as far as meeting goes anyway. ;) ).

As for poor Eric - he's one of my dearest mates, so it's just as bad for me. :smt022 Wish he was coming - We'll surely miss him being there! Having said that, I'll be there with the best one of them all, so can't cry too much - I'm too happy to be going. :)

38 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 35 seconds!!!! WOOOOOOOOT!
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:25 am

I just checked Ryan Air's site and there are like 5 flights from Glasgow Preswick to London Stansted that day and they are like 10 pounds, taxes included! I know that both airports aren't the closests to each city, but still better than driving all the way! The flight takes just 50 minutes.

Not trying to tell you what you have to do, but it's a good option :)

Edit: and I wish that Eric came too :cry:
Last edited by sisterlondon on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby The Analog Kid on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:25 am

proggrl wrote: Then you can rub it in Erics face - seems everyone has met me but him! LOL

soz Eric. ;)

hmm I am starting to suspect you are tryin got evade me as to add to your mythic (mystic?) aura and rep :wink:

my time will come! :-D
Noone takes polaroids anymore
The Analog Kid
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby proggrl on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:27 am

AWESOME!! Thanks for the info, Isa! Do you have a link for that site? I'll send it off to Sonic - see what he wants to do. You're a doll! :-D
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:29 am

erictak wrote:my time will come! :-D

Yes it will and it will be a great time at that. Hopefully the mysterious aura will live up to the expectations. ;)
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:29 am

LOL to Eric!

And welcome dear! What would I do without cheap flight companies? ;)

It's http://www.ryanair.com
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sonic_chronicler on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 pm

sisterlondon wrote:I just checked Ryan Air's site and there are like 5 flights from Glasgow Preswick to London Stansted that day and they are like 10 pounds, taxes included! I know that both airports aren't the closests to each city, but still better than driving all the way! The flight takes just 50 minutes.

Not trying to tell you what you have to do, but it's a good option :)

Unfortunately, it's not a good option. It would create a major problem of how to get to Birmingham the next day (and back to Manchester the day after)

Don't know where you found the £10 taxes included price, UK flight taxes added in to the cheapest flights make it £60.94 GBP for two people (+ Airport parking and transport from Stanstead to London), which is good, but the logistics of doing the rest of the UK tour don't make it doable

Thans for the suggestion though
sonic_chronicler
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Yes indeed, thanks for the tip, Isa! I think as far as meeting is concerned should we just plan for a pre-gig meet up somewhere close by? I find those work the best - we all have to eat and at least drink. ;)

Don't know the area well, but I'd be willing to bet there'd be a good pub nearby. I'm sure we'd settle for a Chinese take away, though. :D
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby The Analog Kid on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:13 pm

proggrl wrote:Don't know the area well, but I'd be willing to bet there'd be a good pub nearby. I'm sure we'd settle for a Chinese take away, though. :D

not too many pubs in that area really - you have to cross the river for that. next to the London Eye (which in turn is next to the RFH) there is an extended area which basically caters for those visiting the London Eye and ha a few coffeeshops, McD, Pizza place etc - nothing toop fancy - and not the ideal meetup place at it seems very noisy and crowdy wherever you are - but it is 5-6 mins walking from the venue - while other options maybe much nicer but a but further away. Depends on what time everyone expects to be in I guess!

look at the venue map here
http://www.ents24.com/web/maps.php?venueid=1275

the places I mentioned are in the County Hall (in Blue below the RFH) which is really close - maybe some other places around Waterloo Station and York street?

Maybe one of the locals can fill you guys in!
Noone takes polaroids anymore
The Analog Kid
Obsessed
Obsessed

Next

Return to General Discussion