HONG KONG & JAPAN TOUR INFO

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

HONG KONG & JAPAN TOUR INFO

Postby PicassoLover on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:15 pm

:-) Hi, I posted awhile ago requesting info on the Hong Kong and Japan leg of the tour. Thanks to all that helped with this...

I would just like to give an up date. :D

The Japanese leg of the tour tickets were difficult to purchase - I am not going, but I have heard from a few from Europe, USA and Australia who are going and who had a major job of securing the tickets. This was mainly due to the pre-sold tickets requiring you becoming a member of the "Smash Club" or if you did not want to do that you had to go into a ballot to get tickets before they were available to the general public. You then had to have them sent to an address in Japan ONLY. This was a major headache for those involved. Also you had to be able to read Japanese to understand the web site......

The Hong Kong leg of the tour tickets are available through the promoter and other outlets in Hong Kong as Premier tickets, which then go on sale for the general public around the 18th-22nd of August. We have been successful with getting front row seats for this. There are only two groups from Australia going to Hong Kong that I know of.

Anyone else thinking of going to Hong Kong or Japan for the concert?

And - what do you think the chances are of any of the concerts being cancelled due to poor ticket sales? I know it is a long time since David has been to Hong Kong. :?

I'd like to know your thoughts
Cheers
PicassoLover
Noob
Noob

Postby Sylvie on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:09 am

hmm, I have vague plans to go to the tokyo show and thought the tickets became available late august. so this was troublesome news for me.
Sylvie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby PicassoLover on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi Sylvie,

If you go to the ticketing link for Japan concerts and go through the motions as if you are wanting to purchase a ticket you will see there are 3 options. The first one is to purchase a ticket if you are a member of Smash - I know someone went through this process and got the tickets that way and had them sent to an address they had access to in Japan.
The next option on the ticket link is to go into a Ballot and I know Ozboyz did this and had their tickets sent onto an address in Japan. They have a little bit of mucking around to collect tickets, but I am sure they were successful with their ballot.
The 3rd option is I think for general ticket purchases. I had a Japanese friend come around and interpret all the details. She also rang Japan for me and confirmed what I have told you above.
Now - this is where I am not quite sure of the details - the 3rd option is for general ticket release. If you go to the Yahoo Group - link provided below you can communicate with either Ozboyz or Shawn_gblx who are going to Japan and who have tickets and can probably assist.
I have to say the tickets for the Hong Kong concert were easier to get because all communication is done in English.

Link for Yahoo Group

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ja ... =315429242

Let me know how you go
PicassoLover
Noob
Noob

Postby Sylvie on Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:56 am

Thanks for posting that information, it was very kind. My father have Japanese connections, so I can hopefully get some help from them. (I am studying Japanese myself, but I'm really at a beginners level...:) )
I haven't decided whether I will go to Japan at all, but it would be great to see DS there if I do.

Thank you so much!
Sylvie
Obsessed
Obsessed

Return to General Discussion