Tour starts next week!

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Tour starts next week!

Postby camphorvan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:31 am

Unbelievably, David's tour kicks off next week in Stockholm. Would it be an idea to create a thread based on people that have been to the concerts, so they can inform us of setlists, tour merchandising, post any photos or what not. Hmmm. Next week. That came around quick didn't it?!
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby deadbees on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:37 am

Any thread containing setlists should have a spoiler disclaimer. I certainly do not want to know the setlist pre-gig as David's tours normally have a pretty rigid set each night.
deadbees
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby sisterlondon on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:41 am

I'd like to know what to expect and would like hearing about merch and such, so if we all agree to keep it on this thread... I'd like to hear about it!
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:44 am

sounds good to me since us americans aren't getting a chance to partake in the flesh.... Don't even get Krausy started on this subject ! HA HA HA
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:07 am

godisinthesilences wrote:sounds good to me since us americans aren't getting a chance to partake in the flesh.... Don't even get Krausy started on this subject ! HA HA HA

Too late---I heard my name!!!

Do I have to pull out my full rendition of "Rehab"? :lol:

"David ain't got the time, and if his US fangirls hear him whine....
Try to make him come to US he won't go go go!!"

Nah---seriously folks---feel free to post whatever scoop you have from the shows, there are many of us unfortunate that would like to read about it.
And by all means---be honest and candid about your reactions to the shows---I think it is important that we all know your "gut" reaction. If someone does not agree--oh well. I think we are all adult enough here to agree to disagree and still love each other.

..............Besides, if David spills his water on stage or some other little harmless unfortunate flub, I can snicker and say "Karma's a b-i-o-t-c-h!! ":twisted: :-D
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby The Analog Kid on Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:17 am

yes lease - looking fporward to any setlists and other spoilers here too - maybe the thread should warn for spoilers inside so that those who want to be suprised wont be told!

cheers

Eric
Noone takes polaroids anymore
The Analog Kid
Obsessed
Obsessed

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:22 am

krausy wrote:Too late---I heard my name!!!

Do I have to pull out my full rendition of "Rehab"? :lol:

"David ain't got the time, and if his US fangirls hear him whine....
Try to make him come to US he won't go go go!!"

..............Besides, if David spills his water on stage or some other little harmless unfortunate flub, I can snicker and say "Karma's a b-i-o-t-c-h!! ":twisted: :-D

oh girl you evil twisted thing!!! YOU CRACK MY A** UP!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA :smt081 :smt081

Besides... David isn't Simon le Bon. I doubt he'll be doing any jumping around or pulling a Fergie and wetting himself on stage. The man is far to suave for any of that. LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bern on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:29 pm

I think it will be interesting to see if he "dumps" the tracks that could be considered to show his love for Ingrid....so most of Dead Bees then
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:48 pm

i did read on samadhi sound that this tour will not be a recounting of the past. They are going to really focus on the new work. I'm sure he will do a few crowd favourites.... it will be really interesting to see what happens.

I wish so hard that i could get to see one of his shows..... wow to see him live. Amazing... a religious experience it would be for me.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Burnsjed on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:59 pm

It is difficult reading anything about the tour if you are in the U.S.
Still not happy about this. :evil:
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:08 pm

I'm not angry.... I just wish he'd reconsider doing even a few dates here in the usa to give some of us a chance to see him.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Burnsjed on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:51 pm

I am still pretty angry!
Especially after seeing him on the previous tours and having flown to the U.K previously to do so.
The thought that the chances of seeing him perfom live now are tiny, or involve me getting on a plane to Europe or Asia is not a good one.
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:50 pm

yeah the whole expense and inconvenience thing of having to go international to see him perform is a huge draw back. However, if he played somewhere in the usa where i had to fly to get to i'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't need a passport or an 8 flight or going through customs to achieve that. LOL
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby camphorvan on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:01 pm

My guess is that it'll be a retrospective account of his life in a way; significant songs from significant periods and therefore he can can get some closure maybe.
Who knows? Starting another thread for acounts of live shows and yes it'll have a warning in the title.
I'm just so nice.

C x
camphorvan
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:47 pm

camphorvan wrote:My guess is that it'll be a retrospective account of his life in a way; significant songs from significant periods and therefore he can can get some closure maybe.
Who knows? Starting another thread for acounts of live shows and yes it'll have a warning in the title.
I'm just so nice.

C x

THat is kinda what I am expecting out of the setlist as well, but I guess we will all be surprised eventually.
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Next

Return to General Discussion