Tour starts next week!

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby krausy on Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Burnsjed wrote:I am still pretty angry!
Especially after seeing him on the previous tours and having flown to the U.K previously to do so.
The thought that the chances of seeing him perfom live now are tiny, or involve me getting on a plane to Europe or Asia is not a good one.

I completely understand your feelings. I have pretty much gotten over the real anger part, and basically over the "getting even" compulsions too. Now I am just "getting into" other bands and focusing my time and energy on that, instead of getting worked up over this. Like Gods says, I had to release it---well release it I did. I will always love the work, just not really sure what David is all about anymore--perhaps the shows will provide some clues as to where he is headed and where we all fit in.

I was telling Gods the band I am currently into is having a bit of a resurgence and individual members have indicated they would love to come to the US, which is great news because the US was not entirely great to them in the past, not like the UK and other countries at the time. The fact that they still want to visit here for the fans means alot to me.

............by the way,the band is Big Country. 8)
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:32 am

GODISINTHESILENCES: I NEED YOUR ADDRESS!!!
Peace, Adrian
[or your pressy will never find it's way over the pond]
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:19 am

I'm in a bit of a quandry. I moved to Japan, last week, and am having a hell of a time navigating buying an Osaka ticket online. They may be sold out, for all I know. I'd ask the Japanese man who has served as my liason in my building, but he is also one of my coworkers, and has indicated it may be frowned on if I take this day off. I live a couple of hours away. (My supervisor at work said we can work around it, anyway. You guys understand, right?)

Anyway, if somebody is Nihongo-savvy, please clue me in. Pm, AOK.

Thanks!
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:28 am

natsume, be very careful when dealing with Japanese codes of behaviour... your co-worker is probably right to warn you.
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:06 am

Adrian wrote:natsume, be very careful when dealing with Japanese codes of behaviour... your co-worker is probably right to warn you.

Point taken, it is something I am painfully aware of, and was worried about when I asked. But really, Adrian, what would you do? What would anybody on this forum do?

Not go?!
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Adrian on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 am

it's a tough question, it really is. But on the other hand I probably wouldn't go, no. If the rest of your career in Japan is marred by you co-workers' attitude towards you because of 2 hours of fun, in my opinion it's not worth it. It would take a while to get over though...
Adrian
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:04 am

Life is very short and we weren't put here to be career driven. If this is going to make someones year to see a concert i say go. There are plenty of jobs throughout the entire world. There is only a shortage if you believe there is with your intent.

So on the note Natsume.... I would definitely go to the concert. I would always feel I can move on and find a job better fitting to me.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Drake on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:19 am

I'm going to Stockholm next week. I will definitely write a review. Stay tuned!
Drake
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby natsume on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:51 pm

The man who gave me the warning is not my superior, just a not so disinterested bystander, who is looking out for me. I spoke in depth with both of my supervisors, I expressed concern that I did not want to rock the boat, that this is a one time event, that I am not going to make a habit of taking vacation days during regular work days, etc.

One of them said we can work around it, and one of them actually said it is not a problem, and thanked me for letting him know beforehand. I am starting to understand that my pred was not the most thoughtful of coworkers, and the man who was warning me about rocking the boat was kind of saying, don't be like the last guy. Which I doubt I will.

I am going! Got a ticket last night.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:33 pm

natsume wrote:I am going! Got a ticket last night.

Good! I agree with Gods. It's a rare opportunity, and later on, you'd be kicking yourself if you didn't get on board. :P

Anyway, if David doesn't come and do some dates over here, I am making a Sylvian voodoo doll. 8) Nah, not really. I have a feeling that even if he did play here, he'd probably just do venues at NYC and Los Angeles, and I don't know about the rest of the Americans here, but from where I am, both of those are ridiculously far away. In any case, though, I'm excited just to hear about it from those of you who can go, because I love living vicariously through others, lol.
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:40 pm

i still hold out hope he will do a few gigs over here .... i'm fine with flying somewhere in the usa to see him. International travel posed a ridiculous challenge and financial burden.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Previous

Return to General Discussion