what is the matter - gig cancellations

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:10 am

Hey, those things happen! I mean, I've been in a DD show, first of the tour, and Simon lost his voice. Not their fault if that happens!

After all it will be disappointing, but can't go and cure David, so if he doesn't play, I'll be sorry, but I do understand. And have other things to do in Madrid as well, so it won't be a meaningless trip after all. Probably wouldn't be talking like this if I hadn't seen him play in London already. I feel it mainly for the ones who haven't seen him play yet...

BTW, today in El País (Spanish newspaper) there's an article on David's gig (nothing about cancellations in it) with a Nine Horses pic. Nice to find that while having a double macchiato at Starbucks ;)

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultura/ ... icul_7/Tes
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:53 am

Yep!! Fingers crossed!!!

I'm with you it's very unfair to acuse him of being old... I'm 22 and was sick too about three weeks ago.

Not only it's very tiring to travel all around Europe from town to town, but also, we are in Autumn!! And, when one day it's sunny and warm, the day after it's raining rivers... those temperature changes are horrible!!
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:35 pm

good to see people are attempting at being understanding. I agree I wouldn't want to see him when he is subpar.
I have an immune illness myself and the simplest tasks knock the crap out of me so when i get sick i tend to get SUPER UBER sick. I rarely ever "just get a cold".
I know if i had to do all that travelling without much if any break I'd be under the weather at some point too. Good thing all the guys are taking a bit of down time and getting well. Cause honestly I totally don't want to see any performer fall over sick or dead on stage.... no one deserves to go on when that ill.

Yup, I remember that too about Simon losing his voice mid concert. Stuff like that just can't be helped... the human body can only do so much.

Hope they all recoup very soon :-)
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby sisterlondon on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:47 pm

A friend talked with the promoters of Braga and Madrid and they are still pondering what to do... aaaack!!!! :? :(
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby proggrl on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:28 pm

Eeekkkks - I hope that isn't the case for you, Isa! The unfortunate thing is people make travel plans and they are hard to make again when a show is canceled.

Ailments really suck and I hope the boys are resting enough to get themselves well, for their own good as well as all the fans being affected.

Big Cyber-Hugs for all.
Trust the proggrl.
proggrl
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Hong Kong & Japan Gig cancellation panic

Postby PicassoLover on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:49 pm

:( Well, we here in Australia, Europe and Hawaii are just about to jet off to Asia and as you can imagine we are in a nervous panic. As you can understand making a trip like that does not come cheap and some are going on from Hong Kong to Japan.

I suppose we need to see it as a nice little holiday - because if the tour is cancelled we will be unabe to fly back for any make up shows.

I knew when I made the booking that a cancelled tour could be a real scenario and maybe now my fear will be founded. I can't but help feel sorry for the likes of us, though I do feel very sorry for someone who is not feeling well.

The really sad thing is, this was to be my first chance, after being into him since 81' to finally see him in concert.

I am trying to be brave, but a few of us a planning to get together before the show - to have either celebratory drinks or as you can imagine to drown our sorrows in Hong Kong.

I have contacted the promoter in Hong Kong and will see what comes of all this.
Cheers
well, not so cheerfull..............
PicassoLover
Noob
Noob

Keith Lowe Photos

Postby PicassoLover on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:03 pm

I have just had a look and the photos Keith Lowe is taking they are still travelling around as if they are on tour.

His latest photos are in Portugal, so that shows they are still on the move and not bedded down somewhere stuck with acute illness.

Cheers and Hopeful.......... :)
PicassoLover
Noob
Noob

Postby natsume on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:34 pm

Wow picassolover, I can't even imagine what you are feeling now, although I have an idea. I will be bummed if the Asian leg is cancelled, but I am a mere 2 hours away from Osaka, so no big deal logistically for me.

I think I am in agreement with those who are saying that perhaps this tour was overbooked. I have noticed a tendancy with really big acts who have been around for a while to give themselves lots of days off and breaks, no consecutive days of shows in two cities, etc. I don't think Sylvian and Co. can afford the luxury, and that probably has a lot to do with the cancellations.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:47 pm

I don't know if it sucks more to not have the oppurtunity to see David at all, or knowing that you were going to see him, and now you won't.

Anyways, I am sorry that it turned out this way for you. It really sucks when something really unexpected happens like this. Who knows, maybe you'll get the oppurtunity to see him again.
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Hong Kong & Japan Gig cancellation panic

Postby JoyceHK on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:57 pm

PicassoLover wrote::I have contacted the promoter in Hong Kong and will see what comes of all this.

I've contacted the promoter too and he gave me a very positive reply yesterday...which seems to be quite different from the responses of the promoters of Braga and Madrid...confusing. Anyway, hoping David and everyone healthy and no more cancellations!
JoyceHK
Noob
Noob

Postby Sylvian's Beard on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:24 am

David needs some Vitamin C!
http://www.myspace.com/hanoi123
Meyrav wrote:Can you imagine David sitting on an elephant topless?!
Sylvian's Beard
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Hong Kong & Japan Gig cancellation panic

Postby sisterlondon on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:42 am

JoyceHK wrote:
PicassoLover wrote::I have contacted the promoter in Hong Kong and will see what comes of all this.

I've contacted the promoter too and he gave me a very positive reply yesterday...which seems to be quite different from the responses of the promoters of Braga and Madrid...confusing. Anyway, hoping David and everyone healthy and no more cancellations!

To be true I am sure that the band would put the gigs in Asia before the ones in Europe. Europe is a lot easier to reschedule and cheaper too. Cancelling everything for Japan or HK would be a financial nightmare compared with cancelling Madrid and Braga. It happened here when Simon LeBon lost his voice: the priority was the big gig in Birmingham but the smaller ones before that were not sure at all (in the end they played them all).

Let's hope that David can make it to all of them and that the resting days are helping him. I checked the tickets site yesterday and Madrid has just 2 tix left in front stalls (more on the floor up, but there are not as good and real cheap, 10 Euro).

*keeps hoping*
sisterlondon
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Julia on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:11 am

oh......can't believe....................the moscow concert is cancelled for good................
can't believe......no.................
i'm sobbing the whole day :( :( :( :(

i can't even imagine the feelings of those fans who came to Moscow from Siberia and other distant regions.......
Julia
Noob
Noob

Postby Kisch on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:26 am

I was lucky - I learned about it today, just in time to return train tix which we had for tomorrow evening.
It's not such a big distance for me to travel from St Petersburg, but I asked for the days-off at work and all...
Shit.... how very depressing.
Kisch
Noob
Noob

Previous

Return to General Discussion