Question for Chris (Moodyb)

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Question for Chris (Moodyb)

Postby Burnsjed on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:38 pm

Not sure how much contact you had with DS while you were covering the concert you attended, but if you were able to converse at length, did you get any impressions regarding future tours, and I don't mean in the U.S but period.
Many people have been posting impressions that this was the final tour, given the closing the book comments he has made, but that could of course refer to certain chapters of his music, leaving him room to perform the music that he actually wants to play, as opposed to what he perceives we want to hear.
And there you stand, Making my life possible
Raise my hands up to heaven, But only you could know
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Re: Question for Chris (Moodyb)

Postby MoodyB on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:03 pm

Burnsjed wrote:Not sure how much contact you had with DS while you were covering the concert you attended, but if you were able to converse at length, did you get any impressions regarding future tours, and I don't mean in the U.S but period.
Many people have been posting impressions that this was the final tour, given the closing the book comments he has made, but that could of course refer to certain chapters of his music, leaving him room to perform the music that he actually wants to play, as opposed to what he perceives we want to hear.

Hi,

I actually didn't get to speak with David at all I'm afraid, and due to circumstances, I didn't even get to talk to Keith, who I think I promised to
buy a beer!

Here's my general impression though, from what I have gathered from various other conversations I've had.
I believe that David meant what he said concerning this being the last tour.
However, as many other people have noted, he's said that before.
After the '88 tour he was very, very sour on the idea of touring again.
He said at that time that if he played live again, it would only be in small clubs here and there.
Thankfully, his experience with Fripp gave him a new perspective and we were rewarded a few years later with the stunningly intimate Slowfire tour.

I think that time will soften his view again and we will be rewarded with some live shows. He may not play his back catalogue, but I think he may decide to try and push the envelope with his live performance.
I think the regular format of bringing out all the old numbers has worn thin with him.

So, time will tell...My feeling is that our patience will be rewarded...But patient we must be...
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis (1998)

http://www.chriscrader.com/
http://stores.lulu.com/Eurotech
MoodyB
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Burnsjed on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Thanks Chris, lets hope your right, and best of luck again with the book, looking forward to receiving mine!
And there you stand, Making my life possible
Raise my hands up to heaven, But only you could know
Burnsjed
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:12 am

just this morning on one of the other forums i belong to it mentioned a conversation someone had with keith. Keith did mention that david says he won't tour again, but then he also mentioned that david has said this before. I think it comes down to time... as you say his view may soften over time. For our sakes lets hope so....
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion