Those Gems !

Talk about anything David Sylvian related.

Those Gems !

Postby Stoobie on Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:52 pm

You just can't please some people but.........i was thinking about those songs i would have loved David to play live but didn't and would have loved to hear studio versions of those special live songs which he didn't record studio versions of.

Thinking about these.......

Silver Moon
Thalhiem

and then these............
Wasnt i Joe
House in which we lived
Damage

See never pleased ...........and i have been to every tour since 82 !

Stoobie
Stoobie
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby baht habit on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:18 pm

As far as I recall, there does in fact exist a studio recording for both The House In Which We Live and Damage. Sylvian once mentioned that not only was there a studio version of THIWWL from the early sessions for The First Day album, but that Fripp's preferred engineer David Singleton even created a 15 minute remix, and that at one point he considered including it on a compilation he was working on circa 1995-1996. Yet by the time Everything And Nothing was finally issued, Sylvian opted to omit THIWWL.
As for Damage, the existence of a studio take for that one (as well as a incomplete version of The First Day) was confirmed by Robert Fripp years ago. He was of the opinion that they would most likely remain in the vaults at Virgin since being shelved when Sylvian was not satisfied with the results.
Perhaps one day they will be released for us all to hear.
baht habit
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:32 pm

gee i've never even heard the house in which we live... live or otherwise. Anyone know where i can find it?

And, Stoobie... I too would have loved to hear Thalheim live ... it is my favourite sylvian song.
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby natsume on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:54 pm

I'm hoping a studio version of Blue Skinned Gods makes an appearance sometime.
natsume
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Stoobie on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:49 am

Hi Gods

Go to Burnsjed's Multiply site and look for the "First Day Tour" ~ there are 3 shows there from this Tour (not sure the best quality show) but the "House" sends shivers right through your spine !

For anyone esle who wants to find some real great music for download, both Freds and Burnsjed sites are amazing ! i have to check in everyday to see whats new !

Well done and many thanks to both of you guys !

Stoobie
Stoobie
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Bern on Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:34 am

God Is In The Silences, if you go to Burnsjed's site who posts on this one The House In Which We Live also known as Mood#1 is downloadable
Bern
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:59 am

thank you... i never searched that deeply on jeremy's site cause it is just so CHOCK full of david's/japan's music i get overwhelmed with it all!!! Thanks guys!
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Return to General Discussion