Currently listening to...

Off-topic area for general discussion of NON-Japan/Sylvian related subjects.

Postby kinki on Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:27 am

HAhaha - all that wonderful lyrical talk about Dead Bees.... and then Bap comes in with Madge...LOL...

Seriously though - Madge has her place in pop history - no dancefloor would be complete without half her back catalogue dammit!!
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:53 am

don't get me wrong... i do love me some mo... ray of light being one of my favourite cds
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby lastgoldstar on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 pm

I usually don't listen to much Madonna, but I do like Hung Up. In fact, I bought Confessions on a Dance Floor for a friend and I think I'll make her burn me a copy.

Now I'm listening to Oil on Canvas, haven't listened to it in awhile. I need the remastered version, I've the original UK disc that's missing Gentlemen Take Polaroids and Swing. Honestly, out of all the tracks to leave out, those two were!
lastgoldstar
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Silver Moon on Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:47 pm

OH MAN! The Oil On Canvas version of "Polaroids..." IS AWESOME. At the end when DS adds those synths... Agh, I could play that over and over it makes my skin crawl... In a good way!

-K-
Silver Moon
Site Founder
Site Founder

Postby godisinthesilences on Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:48 am

well if i could figure out how to get my duran music off my iPod i'd listen to something else...
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:35 am

Sorry gods...I can't help you, I don't know if the ipod's works the same way the other mp3 players do it...

My remastered copy of Quiet Life arrived yesterday...Oh god!! That album is so great too!!! I just love Despair...so dark , so languid... :-)
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:57 am

lastgoldstar wrote: I've the original UK disc that's missing Gentlemen Take Polaroids and Swing. Honestly, out of all the tracks to leave out, those two were!

I cant believe those tracks would be left out!! :shock: They virtually define Japan.

Sorry Gods cant help you with the iPod thingy - I'm too much of a technophobe Im afraid. :D :roll: you'll just have to keep on listening to David (what a chore)
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby kinki on Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:00 am

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:My remastered copy of Quiet Life arrived yesterday...Oh god!! That album is so great too!!! I just love Despair...so dark , so languid... :-)

Oooh Im all excited for you! I'm listening to Quiet life quite a lot at present - hmmm the Alien bassline...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D
kinki
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:55 am

I'm listening to a cd called Driving: Healing Therapy... it is ambient sound mixed with new agey type music. i wasn't driving but it is really good for when you are.

I also just did a search for Andy Summers. I had the most amazing tape by him in the late 80s called XYZ. It took some searching but i managed to find a copy for dirt cheap. Anyone else familiar with his solo work??
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby godisinthesilences on Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:53 pm

ok just popped on a new cd i got this past friday... its by SleepThief titled "Dawnseeker". If you like ambient sounds that have a sort of dance edge to them you will appreciate it. They have done a great remake of the song "the chauffer" by duran duran. Very very well done ... even duran thinks so
godisinthesilences
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:57 pm

mmm I haven't listened to the album , but the Duran cover is very nice, so I should to check it out. :)

I've listening to british rock band Snow Patrol a lot these days. Their new album 'Eyes open' is their greatest in my opinion. It's powerful and have great melodies.
Last edited by Poisoned_Apathy on Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

Postby krausy on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:45 pm

Poisoned_Apathy wrote:mmm I've listened to the album , but the Duran cover is very nice, so I should to check it out. :)

I've listening to british rock band Snow Patrol a lot these days. Their new album 'Eyes open' is their greatest in my opinion. It's powerful and have great melodies.

I have always heard alot of good things about them all over the internet---I need to check them out, as well as that version of the Chauffeur that Gods was talking about--that is ONLY one of my most faves of the Duran songs...................
www.bigcountry.co.uk
Check it out!!!!
krausy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

i'm listening to...

Postby jenny taylia on Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:12 am

I'm at work at the moment and am currently listening to 'Cold Light of Morning' by Placebo on their 'Meds' album. The whole album is fantastic. I'm off to the shops at 1pm to go and buy the new 'Muse' album as it's had rave reviews in England and I absolutely loved their last album 'Absolution'

The last Japan album I played was in the car a coupla weeks ago on my way from Reading to Chippenham for work and it was.....Assemblage. I hadn't played it for ages but it still sounded mighty fine even with all the different musical styles on it. I think i'll dig out 'The experience of Swimming' when i get home as it's one of my favourites.
jenny taylia
Regular
Regular

Postby Poisoned_Apathy on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:56 am

I just love Placebo!!! They're my favourite band since I was 14 year old!!!
I love Meds too. I think it's one their best efforts.

And I love Muse too!! :lol: I have already listened to the album and is great. I like it a lot. :D
Poisoned_Apathy
Everything & Nothing
Everything & Nothing

myspace

Postby jenny taylia on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:34 am

I just had a quick look at your MySpace and it looks like we have a very similar taste in music. I think Placebo are great as well and think that their 'Without You I'm Nothing' album is a masterpiece. The 'Dog Man Star' album by Suede is another favourite of mine and probably the best album of the 90's - do you agree?

David
jenny taylia
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Open Season